View Single Post
Old 2012-10-06, 18:16   Link #28
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
uh, well I can't say I liked the episode. I only read few lines of MAL synopsis so I didn't know what the show was about. So probably my question will sound a bit dumb, but is this really a comedy show (with some drama here and there)? And do they really gonna play baseball?
Well with the amount of hype that Little Busters and Key games get in general, this episode was pretty generic as anime go IMO, with the masterpiece level hype it gets, it's no wonder people will be disappointed, I definitely empathize. Watching anime that is just acceptable is something I'll do when I'm bored, something I've been looking forward to for years should be something special. It's quite obvious high expectations should be toned down.

The show is a mix of comedy and drama, yes. Mostly drama. Baseball is a theme as well. But as the first episode would suggest, Little Busters isn't exactly a sports anime. I.E. If baseball bothers you, don't mind it so much, if you're just here for the baseball, you 'll probably be disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post

On the voices side I have some complains though: while Horie Yui is an amazing actress I can't say that she's the best choice for the part. While she made a great job when Riki was narrating, she was way too "girly" during most of the conversations which was bugging me quite a bit. I'm sure I'll get used to it but it detracts a bit from the show.[/spoiler]
Since there won't be any H scenes, I vote that they just turn Riki into a girl.

Last edited by Ceral; 2012-10-06 at 18:50.