View Single Post
Old 2010-04-23, 11:25   Link #8745
ameskitty
Kupo

The only story where I have seen a tragic and illusionary partner even remotely work out to a satisfying conclusion is a certain Final Fantasy, incidentally also one of my favorites (I won't say which because that would 100% completely spoil the ending, but if you've played this one you'll almost certainly know what I'm talking about).

It has to be something that ties in to the main plot and enables a good resolution to the conflicts presented. And I don't see multiple personality disorder (at least in the way most people are saying it) as a satisfying resolution, sorry. I'm not saying that it can't possibly be the resolution, but I'm saying that I'll be pretty disappointed if it is (unless it's a lot more well-written than I could imagine).

...meh, I almost want to provide my other thoughts about what Zepar and Furfur's rules are about now, but it's really vague. I was actually going to wait until people started making their "predictions" list for EP7 because it's not that detailed or entirely explanatory, but now I'm thinking about solidifying a bit and seeing if others can get it to work. Maybe I'll write down and organize my thoughts after exams are over in a few weeks - organic chemistry is kind of eating up my thought process :/.

(well, to give it in just a few words for now, it's the "factions" theory slightly extended and mostly based on the second twilights)

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote