View Single Post
Old 2007-06-29, 04:59   Link #211
shaydie

i got alot of bitchin to do, so either cover your ears (eyes) or just roll with it

first of all

The Ending - Hated it. yeah yeah, light was gonna die sooner or later, it was tragic, it was emotional, blah blah blah... TYPICAL. Death note has always been about intelligence, suspense and unpredictability. This episode lacked all of it. The last few episodes had me all worked up, anticipating a great final climax, and what do i get? sucker-punched in the face.

Light - yeah he's evil. understatement. but seriously, lets not get into morals and ethics here, cuz lets not forget hes just an animated character. Of course what he was doing was wrong, but thats what made the show so badass. I honestly enjoyed indulging in the brilliance of his evil throughout the series, but its not like i would really support him. it was just dissappointing to see him go out in such a pathetic manner. I mean com on, hes smarter than that. Im not a light fan. Im not a anybody fan. I just like good anime and this last episode was a real let down.

Near - pulls too much shit out of his ass. L at least bases his theories on evidence and research. Near merely goes on a hunch, and is right every fuckin time! Doesnt it just seem a bit too unrealistic? eg. out of the blue suspected mikami of being second kira, with no prior connection or background. (and theres alot more too). Pisses me off!

Mello - so he kidnaps takada. gets himself killed. and manages to get mikami to use the real death note. HOW DA HELL did he know it was a fake in the first place? HOW DA HELL did he even know about mikami??

Mikami - well we all know why hes a moron. however, i actually enjoyed his final moments. what was going through his mind? did he feel betrayed for idolizing in a false god? or did he actually feel guilty for screwing everything up for kira? who knows...

Just wanted to get this off my chest. Overall, its been the best series. Whats done is done, cant be changed now. No point in indulging in alternate endings and fantasies.