View Single Post
Old 2007-10-03, 14:31   Link #78
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Comparing School Days to KGNE is just a travesty and school days is no where near the same level of quality that KGNE was. I think if you took School Days seriously then you were disappointed but if you were not looking to get anything out it then you were satisfied because you didnt invest anything into it.
A statement i have to agree

Seriously though - whoever expected the series to be "serious" and to touch upon a more serious and deeper relationship/issues that is present in KGNE would be heavily disappointed that all they got was a cop-out (hence where the "its a waste of my time" came from). Though school days was never ment to be a serious or deep series i tend to look at it as if it were some parody of all those "happily ever after" harem series out there that shouldnt have been due to a fcked up male lead who never gets their just desserts >.>

It isnt everyday you see such killings which is what makes this series so special (or maybe turn people off because they never got the ending they expected - ie for makoto to pick either kotonoha or sekai). But really now...does a bastard like him deserve anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
Hrm, maybe this is an impossibility at this point given the anime community here who tend to keep on top of things, the hype this series built up, and the whole incident with the delays and all, but I'm curious to see what people who have had absolutely no prior knowledge of the story whatsoever thought of it. (i.e. didn't read any spoilers or even any hints of even the type of endings that could've been possible, didn't follow the discussions here, and didn't pay too much attention to the final episode delay).
I'm curious to know too (but i would guess that it is hard for a viewer to not know what they are expecting due to all the untagged spoilers flying around beforehand >.> even i had no choice by to spoiler myself...)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote