View Single Post
Old 2010-02-01, 13:18   Link #1221
Kaiba

Don't have the link, but I'll rewrite it. And sort of George-centric.

The key difference this time is the conversation at the beach and the discussion over Battler's memories. Battler explicitly states there that not only does he not remember anything that occured 6 years ago, he doesn't want to remember, which goes ahead to cause Shannon that jarring Battler's head is pointless and the promise he made to her will never be fulfilled to her. The result is she wants out, as she no longer has any interest in the murders if she can't confront Battler and see if he'll remember.
Shannon later confronts George over this, and tells him she wants out, and possibly even threatens to reveal everything, which causes George to completely panic. George ends up killing Shannon, even under the emotions of passion or desperation or possibly purely as an accident - say trying to knock her out to keep her out of the way but kills her by accident. This occurs during the night, even before the First Twilight.
In a way to cover up Shannon's death, George recruits Nanjo and decides to do the first twilight so that way everyone will think that the murders were committed by the witch - no one will think that the goals of the first twilight was just to cover up the death of ONE person, after all. He possibly tells Nanjo the location of the gold (I think it is possible George know the location of the gold through Shannon, though I'm not sure. Shannon I'm very certain does know.) as a way to lure him into line and so the two end up killing the servants.

George in this scenario I think acts much more hastily and less rationally this time, as he's still dealing with the trauma of killing Shannon with his own hands (I'm also all but certain from what I know about Episode 6 that George sincerely loves Shannon - I'm just less than certain about the other way around.) While he possibly may have been planning to kill everyone afterwards, I argue he collapsed completely out of guilt after the First Twilight and afterwards for most of the Third Episode remains comatose and not doing much - which is exactly what we seem him do throughout the episode, as he seems to take Shannon's death significantly harder in the Third Episode than the first, as he is still moping about it some time significantly afterwards.

As a result, Nanjo takes control as Shannon (and Genji, whom I suspect as an accomplice) are dead, and George is in a state of shock and guilt, and decides to kill/stake people so they can be out of the way as he transports the gold safely. I suspect him for a ton of the murders, with the exception of Rudolf, Kyrie, and Hideyoshi, whom have a confrontation naturally, though I argue at the time none of them suspect Nanjo.
George slips to the main house so he can see Shannon, and I would say it's possible he decides to confess everything out of regret. However, Nanjo kills him to keep his mouth shut. However, I think one of Kyrie, Rudolf, and Hideyoshi saw him do it, and simply waited, as they couldn't do anything at the time.
That person kills Nanjo, Battler accuses a half-insane Eva who responds by shooting him, and so it's only Eva and Jessica. Eva heads to Kuwadorian (I'm not sure why she was there to begin with, in the end, as I'm not certain she ever found the gold) and Jessica dies in the resulting explosion, which I also subscribe to.

That's the short version of it. As you can see, Shannon in this arc is frankly completely innocent, according to my thesis.

Now of course, I would ask specifically: how does Kyrietrice explain the First Twilight of that anyways? I guess she could recruit Nanjo, but there is absolutely no way Kyrie herself could have committed those murders.