Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2013-11-27, 03:18   Link #4200
Arcorann

Those are horrible, horrible odds for the out-of-universe section, night_sentinel. I wouldn't bet with you at all. Also, I have never seen that format for quoting odds before.

... Actually, scratch that. Put 10000 Pokedollars on Rinkai.

The odds I would personally offer (out-of-universe - my hypothetical in-universe bookmaker knows more than I do so I can't put any odds for them)?

Kiyosumi: 1.00 (betting not allowed). Practically certain. There's no way that the spin-off protagonists can get further than the main characters. If I was feeling charitable, maybe 1.01 or so - but I don't want to risk it (a bookmaker does need to turn a profit, after all).

Rinkai: 1.30. An all-star team that is strong across the board, and certainly my pick of the bunch. It'll also give the most interesting final, IMO.

Himematsu: 5.00. Solid, but given Kinue and Kyouko's track record, the lower order will be tough for them.

Usuzan: 6.00. Has potential for a come-from-behind win, but is held back by its first three members, which are basically filler (at least Shindouji had some good players there). Will be problematic story-wise should they actually make it, which is a reason that can only come from an out-of-universe perspective, of course.

Also, lemme copy the speculation translation from the last page:

Quote:
Suzu - Ayane Sakura
Yuuko - Asuka Nishi, Haruka Yoshimura
Hiroe - Ayane Sakura, Azusa Tadokoro
Kinue - Minato Kotobuki
Kyouko - Yukana, Rumi Ookubo, Risa Taneda
Reveals:
Quote:
2013-11-25: Suzu - Arisa Date
2013-11-26: Yuuko - Haruka Yoshimura
2013-11-27: Hiroe - Satsumi Matsuda

Last edited by Arcorann; 2013-11-27 at 19:35.
Arcorann is offline   Reply With Quote