Thread: Bleach Q&A
View Single Post
Old 2009-09-13, 03:32   Link #1812
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
This may seem kind of silly and ridiculous to ask, but what the hell.

How reliable can a line spoken by the english dubs during a filler arc be? On the episode of Bleach I just watched tonight, it was just stated by a filler character (Ashido) during a filler arc that their are Vasto Lorde level hollows (as in plural) residing in Las Noches. Should I take this with a grain of salt? Or should I have some faith in the possibility that the localization team isn't allowed to let the voice overs say something that's not true (even if it is a filler)?

Because quite honestly, this is pretty huge IMO if what Ashido stated is indeed true. For the record, I don't remember if Ashido stated the same thing in the japanese dubs. And I'm feeling way too lazy to check.
how you consider what a filler character says depends on your view of canon. although in this case ashido and the menos forest are things kubo said he wanted to put in the manga but didn't have time.

as for the line itself, he does say it in japanese as well.
in addition to Kafriel's comment, it could also be explained by him not knowing what an arrancar is and confusing the two. after all, most of the arrancars' unreleased forms would fit the given description of a vasto lorde.

on a side note, omg the english nel, pesche, and dondo chakka sound HORRIBLE!