View Single Post
Old 2010-06-21, 03:53   Link #1
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

9S <Nine S> <ナインエス>

Okay, this is some information about a light novel series known as 9S, which stands for:
The Security System that Seals the Savage Science Smartly by its Supreme Sagacity and Strength

Story Synopsis:
The world of 9S is something like Type-moon's Tsukihime, and Metal Gear Solid, with plenty of Full Metal Panic, put together in a rather original way, I think. The story is set in an age of science, but not in too distant a future. The Mad Scientist, Crazed Genious or whatever you want to call him, Mineshima Yujiro, has dissapeared several years previous to the where the story begins. The inheritance he left behind, the technology and object he had created, were given the codename Legacy, and are highly sought after by government agencies and terrorists, for reasons both good, and...not so pleasant. One of these 'objects' he left behind, was his daughter, imparted with a mental calculating capacity that dwarfs supercomputers, combined with her physical body, which makes for a devastating combonation.

-Touma is an outcast member of an ancient family, who have refined their destructive impulses into a weapon. However because such a personality would not fit in society they developed a masking personality which hides their killing impulse. Touma awakened to his killing impulse due to training from his father years ago and struggles to suppress his other personality

-Mineshima Yu is the daughter of Mineshima Yujiro. Kept under constant surveillance by ADEM, an anti-terrorist force dedicated to keeping guard over 'Legacy,' she has never been outside since her father disappeared, and she was taken captive.

In Volume 1, Touma is the only one to escape during a terrorist attack, and is taken to ADEM's headquarters, and there meets Yu. ADEM forms a reconaissance mission, and the novel takes off. Touma struggles with his families bloodline, and the task he needs to complete, while Yu is simply thankful for the opportunity to see the outside world for the first time in over 10 years. Together it's a race against time to stop the terrorists, and regain control of the "Legacy," which is made more complicated when the leader of the opposition is...

I also wanted to say that according to a pretty thourough check, there seems to be no english publication or translation, so I'm opening the doors to free translation. What this means, is that if you want to actually read this novel, like most novels, all you need to do is check out:

Baka-Tsuki 9S Page

Please, tell me what you think!