View Single Post
Old 2012-05-26, 16:16   Link #116
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Neither Mihawk nor Vista were going all out in their brief duel. And it's clear that the former held the latter in high regard by saying only a fool wouldn't know his name. For all intents and purposes, that clash was a stalemate.

Further reasoning as to why I feel Shiliew will beat Mihawk later on is because of BB's DF hunting spree. BB is going for the best DFs, and naturally that would mean that the phoenix and diamond abilities would be on his hit list. It's reasonable to infer that the remnants of the WB pirates will run into the BB pirates and have a showdown. Of course, they'll end up losing/getting killed and that's when BB will seize the opportunity to steal Marco's and Jozu's abilities. Whether he'll assimilate those into himself is something to consider/ponder about, but if not, there's always the option of giving those abilities to his crewmates. Personally, I see the diamond ability being perfect for Shiliew. During the war at Marineford, Mihawk failed to even lay a scratch on Jozu's diamond body which may be an indication that he can't cut diamond. And if that's the case, that's all the more reason for him to lose to Shiliew should they encounter one another. Seeing as how Zoro and Shiliew are going to inevitably clash much later on, Zoro defeating Shiliew would undoubtedly make the former the world's strongest swordsman (and by extension, surpass Mihawk: his mentor).
Given Haki's ability to bypass/negate DF effects, wouldn't getting a diamond body DF be a pointless gesture against a haki using swordsman? I have to assume Mihawk has Haki.