Thread: Licensed Denno Coil (TV Series!)
View Single Post
Old 2007-01-19, 21:58   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Denno Coil (TV Series!)

Production Company: Madhouse, Bandai, NHK

Genre: Fantasy

Expected Release Date: Spring 2007

This title was announced as a movie project, but now the official site is reporting that it is going to be a TV series. Wao was making a lot of noise regarding this title here and there... ...so, after a little searching I find out Madhouse is involved. Naturally, I'm interested. Iso Mitsuo is the director, and the original creator for this title. Honda Takeshi will be the character designer. The cast info as follows:

Yasako: Tomiko Orikasa (also known as Orikasa Fumiko)
Isako: Noriko Kuwajima
Kyoko: Akiko Yajima
Haraken: Paku Romi
Fumie: Sachiko Kojima
Daichi: Rie Saito
Mega-baa: Reiko Suzuki
Oba-chan: Junko Noda
Akira: Yumiko Kobayashi
Denpa: Kikumi Umeda
Gachagiri: Mayumi Yamaguchi
Namecchi: Yusuke Numata

The synopsis in the following is stolen from animenfo..
It is the year 202x in the mysterious city of Daikoku.

Kokonogi Yasako is a 6th grader in elementary school. The Kokonogi family, which includes Yasako, her little sister, and their parents, are a typical family. They move to Daikoku where Yasako's grandmother lives. It is a historic city with many shrines and temples. Daikoku is also a special political district that has the latest computer facilities.
I found the staff info from ANN who are still listing the title as a movie, so feel free to correct me if there is change in staff since this is going to be adapted as a TV series. Also, there is no word yet exactly when this show will start airing. Looking forward to it.

edit: Apparently the series is scheduled to air in the spring season, and the staff info is also accurate! Thanks Wao!

edit 2: Updated VA cast info, thanks to Sonhex!

Last edited by monir; 2007-01-25 at 01:17.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote