View Single Post
Old 2011-08-06, 14:24   Link #275
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
God, I love how this board has so many users that make erroneous claims. Show me where I've complained about the outfits not looking like their comic book counterparts. Looks like you have some re-reading to do, kid. I've complained about the terrible designs for looking terrible, not because they don't resemble what I've seen in comics.
Quote:
Bane looks a lot worse than expected. I can't say I'm surprised, though... Nolan's 'Batman' films generally feature some horrible costume designs-- as exemplified by the robo-Bat suit in 'The Dark Knight.' I was having a discussion with another user from /Film, taking jabs at Bane needing to wear some heavy coat in the middle of summer. Oh, and the tumbler is without a doubt one of the ugliest batmobiles ever conceived. That thing is HIDEOUS! Blegh.

Anyway, if I were going to include Bane in a Batman film, I'd prefer him to look something like this:
Spoiler:

I would challenge Nolan to do something like that, but I forgot he was a PG director so asking him to do anything bold or out of the ordinary would be too much.

Even if I were a Nolan fan, I'd be worried about him mailing this film in. Even his own fans are raging on all those Superhero/Comic book websites.
Quote:
Yeah, instead they spat on the material and went with something more childish and less menacing.
You want it to look like the image you posted, which is from the comics. The file name even says it's the cover of Secret Six #14. You then say he's not bold enough for that, and that he spits on the material. Yeah, such an erroneous claim! To think I mistook you saying you wanted a character to look like they did on a comic cover to be the same as saying you wanted them to look like they do in the comics!

Quote:
In fact, the ideal outfit I provided for Batman isn't directly lifted from the comic book source material. If I recall correctly, the only thing I've wanted from the comic books was Frank Miller's batmobile. Also, Catwoman has several different get-ups in the comic books, so why would you pick the worst looking one?
I guess you could trade the black latex with no mask in for the current blackish purple latex with a horrendous cat mask and goggles, but I hardly see how that's better.

GDB is online now   Reply With Quote