View Single Post
Old 2010-11-15, 11:19   Link #70
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
I know, right? Damn those flawed and human characters. I mean if a character isn't a nice and exemplary human being, why should we care about them? It's not like it's possible for them to make the story interesting or entertaining if they're not nice or "dere", after all.
That's not the problem. If my thoughts are like Kanon's, the real problem with Kirino isn't the fact she displays an obnoxious personality: it is the fact her whole personality is -only- made (or shown) as obnoxious towards Kyousuke and the "otaku side" characters.
You don't need a Yamato Nadeshiko to make a female character likable. But regarding a flawed character, you have to "compensate" the deal a fair bit, and so far, it is really hard to sympathize with Kirino considering her only "redeeming" traits are... her extreme tendency to react to moe.

I personally don't want Kirino to suddenly act like Manami. However, it is starting to be hard to follow Kyousuke's hardship without any change, since Kirino gets everything from him as granted (the way she expects him to pay that expensive accessory out of the blue was another proof here).
So many times he saved her hide, and still nothing that indicates a proper gratitude or "warming up", so it is hard not to consider Kyousuke as a masochist borderline worst than MM's Tarou, mentally speaking.