View Single Post
Old 2012-03-27, 14:15   Link #94
Thess

Guys: do you think the ending credits foreshadow something?

As far as couple goes (in the first half), it nicely pairs up:

Amata-Mikono.
Cayenne-Shrade.
MIX-Andy.
Book of Genesis-Zessica.*
Yunoha-Jin.
Kagura-Aquarion.*

"The story ends before it could even begin" showing our loli Juliet and underage Romeo.

*Those two characters don't have a ED couple-set, but look they are the ones who had actual visions of the past in the duration of this first cour, they are the ones paired with something that links them to the legend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Likewise I'm not sure what the subs had for Appollonius, but the way Mykage talks about Apollonius is very open-ended. When he talks about Appollonius what he said was analogous to saying: "Apollonius, *the* lover from 24000 years ago" (note: not "your" or "my"). To me it sounded less like he was talking about himself and more like he was trying to get Zen angry...and that's how I started to find myself in the "Zen is Touma in disguise" faction.

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it until better evidence comes in. I have no clue who Mykage is -- at all! -- but as long as I'm in the "Zen is Touma in disguise camp" I'm going to be thinking Mykage is anyone but Touma. So let's agree to disagree and wait for more information on him, I guess.
Yes, I can't imagine Touma speaking of that love with that playful tone if he was still butthurt as Mykage. While Zen was pokerfacing. Mykage seems to be just a Shadow Angel wanting the power of the Wings of Sun who trolls everyone, rather than Touma whose trolling was focused on two people in particular.

It also wouldn't make sense for Gen to try to keep the destined lovers apart and express distaste for the 'red string of fate' as he did in this episode. I don't know... It doesn't really sound like Gen to me...

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"