View Single Post
Old 2013-11-12, 05:57   Link #1064
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post

So from that standpoint, I can see where people are coming from. Nobody can imagine that they would be willing to kill their own family, and so they convince themselves that it's probably not worth it anyways. But here, we're talking about a situation where there was no other way. Itachi knew for a fact the Uchiha were planning a bloody massacre, and he knew there was only one way to prevent it.
Okay, now we are going somewhere. Why did Itachi think there were no other way? If there was a plot brewing, how does it help to kill every single Uchiha? I'm sure Sasuke wasn't the only child in that clan. What about the older folks? And what about taking preventive measures by letting Konoha know what is about to transpire in the very near future? Not every Uchiha is a sharingan user!!!!

The point is, I simply have hard time imagining that killing the entire clan was the only possible way to stop a coup just because Itachi thought so as such.

Quote:
It must be nice to be able to pretend that what Danzo said was exaggerated, and that the massacre was probably not necessary. But this threat was real, not some vague promise of world peace and happiness for all.
Danzo's perspective comes from a old-bitter time where they seemed to think kill-or-be-killed was the only way to go. A middle ground can be reached and it's being shown by Naruto.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote