View Single Post
Old 2012-05-14, 09:09   Link #28838
Vnonymous

Quote:
You're positing a straw man argument. I can believe in genius Battler and not believe in a person X. Simply because more than one episode supports that a person x doesn't exist. and because how Battler writes the story is a completely different plotline.
You misunderstood my argument. When you say that the story itself is lying to you and you cannot trust direct evidence, you throw the entire story away. You can't say "Yes, the story itself was lying here to deceive the player" without putting your theory on the same level as the Purupurupiko man one. "The story was lying here" can be said about every single part of the entire narrative, including the parts that support Genius Battler! When you discount those parts of the story as Battler lying to Ange and Featherine/Himself/The players, I can say the exact same thing about the "evidence" supporting that theory! If you're going to provide evidence for genius battler that's great, but if you're going to deny the text of the story then you just lose any basis for discussion.

Quote:
I know you don't like the theory, but you're coming off as desperate to try and convince everyone it's not true. Which will simply never happen because you can't prove a negative.
But I'm not proving a negative. I'm disproving a positive, which is rather different. I may not be able to prove that witches don't exist, but I can prove that Beatrice isn't one, if you get my meaning.
Vnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote