Thread: vs. Onisama e
View Single Post
Old 2004-07-24, 13:17   Link #2
Sweets Yumi
Queen Marimite ~♥~

Smile

Oniisama e is the better anime in my opinion.

I like Oniisama e because it's more realistic to events girls go through, they have traumas. Life isn't all lollipops and gum. Even getting a deadly disease is shown during this show. How many other shows about teenage girls show one getting a disease??

Now I know Yoshino too, but she, at least during the anime, never really seemed to be depressed and frightened over her illness, not like the girl (I say 'that girl' not to spoil anyone) in Oniisama e, which is why I say Maria-sama is alot for light-hearted, if fact I think Yoshino was only diseased as much to show how people were assuming that Yoshino was gentle and Rei harsh, just so the author could say, HAHA! You were tricked, and then show us how the characters really are, after Yoshino's opperation.

When I first watched Oniisama e, I was shocked! I can't believe I see an actual true-to-life show. And it was even an older show (I know it was animated in the 90s but was written in the 70s) and it still rings 100% accurate for events I and people around me at my school going through.

I don't know think there is a single person not going through something extremely negative like the show shows. Gossip, Drugs, Obsession, Disease, Death, Abuse, Lies, Insanity, Divorce. All sorts of this stuff.

And I know Maria-sama has some of these things too, mainly gossip (newspaper club!!!) but no one really gets hurt at the end of the day.

I like Maria-sama mainly for girl interacion without trauma,. I can take a breath and just relax when I watch it, although the calmness of the events aren't really realistic in most schools, maybe private ones are like that, I don't know, I've always been in a public school.

I actually can say I like Maria-sama more only in the sense I wish life really were like that!!

But Oniisama e will be the seires I will always hold dear to me. I even think it's animate is alot better than Maria-sama. One flaw in Maria-sama to me is Yumi! She's so ugly! Her eyes are too big and weird looking and I don't like the way her neck (or something around there) looks when her hair is tied in tails. And since Yumi is the one who's life is mainly being told (like Nanako of OE) I have to use her as a basis, and her appearence really bothers me.

Maria-sama only, if I remember, brought me to tears during Seis saga. Oniisama e I'm pretty sure, brought me to tears during each episode. I even own the Japan DVDs, comics, and Anime books for Oniisama e I love it so, In fact, that and Maria-sama are the only animes I actually get merchandise for!

They are very similuar stories but opposite to each other in peoples reactions to things. Ah! I love both seires, but Onnisama e would be what I would save if there was a fire and only had time to grab one or the other!!!

I really rambled on, I wonder if I explained very well?