View Single Post
Old 2010-07-14, 05:06   Link #134
YingTao

It's been such a long time...I wonder if anyone is still left discussing it?

On my part, I first watched Kimi ga Nozomu Eien a bit over three years ago. And...although I did understand and feel for Haruka throughout the story, I have to admit that my heart went out to Mitsuki. Maybe because she was a character that I could relate to more. She's not perfect, and she comes with her faults, her pains...her weaknesses. But...she's a girl who really did love with a pure heart, for both Haruka, her best friend, and Takayuki.

She's been suffering in her love for both of them. So...seeing Takayuki like that, I can't blame her for saying 'Choose me. I can make you happy.' And she stayed beside him, for years, knowing that his heart never really belonged to her. When Haruka awoke, she was willing to put aside her happiness for Takayuki's. Mitsuki's selfish, yes, but...she was honest.

So I'm glad that he chose her in the end. And I'm glad...that they could be happy together. I used to really hate Takayuki for his indecision that drove two girls up against a wall of pain and insecurity, but...I think that feeling's faded and now I can empathize with him better as well. He's too kind for his own good, to the point where kindness becomes cruelty.

Haruka's a stronger girl that she seems as well, and I think that probably makes her one of the most admirable characters in the series. In the end, I believe she gave Takayuki the kindest words she could, words of goodbye. But those farewells aren't forever. Someday, I'm sure, they'll be able to look each other in the eye again. It's a goodbye to that slice in their life.

Forgive me for saying this...but they're all young. I believe that all of them could get over what has happened, and that friendship can link the four friends back together again. Haruka will find someone who is right for her. I truly believe that the four of them can be together again, that Haruka and Takayuki can become friends, that Haruka and Mitsuki can repair their relationship...Akane and Mitsuki as well.

And I think that was the meaning behind Haruka's story as well.
YingTao is offline   Reply With Quote