View Single Post
Old 2007-04-30, 08:02   Link #1708
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Wait wait wait wait...

Just to get this straight, it's Yamamoto Yutaka we're talking about right? Because...
I checked the Japanese wikipedia entry for that kanji, so yes, his name is pronounced Yutaka, not Hiroshi, my bad. Sorry for the confusion. (I blame ANN and the English wikipedia entry for the misleading info. )

Quote:
Yamamoto Hiroshi (credited as director by ANN for Lucky Star) - This is the series director of the almighty Suzumiya Haruhi. I almost choked when I thought it was him being canned/demoted, (mainly because Haruhi as a series was just teh win) because well, what a loss for KyoAni if they ever did that.
Correction. The series director of the "almighty Suzumiya Haruhi" is Ishihara Tatsuya, director of the much fabled/derided (choose latter if you're a cynical Kyo-Ani hater) AIR and Kanon 2006. Yamamoto was in charge of the casting in that series, but not directing.

A golden opportunity for the Kyo-Ani cynics pour their scorn over Kyo-Ani by jumping to conclusions and saying Kyo-Ani has finally "fallen on their sword" when not everything is clear what's going on. I will reserve judgment until about episode 8 to see how much of a difference the new director would make.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote