View Single Post
Old 2008-09-27, 23:45   Link #432
IvUaN
Light Spirit
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to IvUaN
Quote:
Originally Posted by unasuvas View Post
To be completely honest, that's how I got into the fandom. I saw a couple videos of the gory parts of first season Higurashi and I thought 'Wow, this is awesome!' and then once I got into the storyline, I started to appreciate the intricate & well-thought-out storyline and all the interesting characters (especially 34-tan).

And I'm sure I'm not the only person that got into this fandom by that way either. I think 40% of people came for the lolis, 40% came for the gore and the remaining 10% got into it from a different reason like a recommendation from a friend or they read the synopsis of it on Wikipedia & thought the idea was interesting.
I think I'm one of that 10% actually I donīt really remember the Exact reason (But certainly it wasn't the gory parts)I started watching Higurashi, I only remember searching for anime pics on Google and then finding a picture about Rena (Thought the pic was somewhat interesting), and started downloading a torrent...

I also think the way the fanbase is right now is okay (Maybe growing just a little more would be okay, but just a little bit more), it would be sad having lots of people talking nonsense because they watched only the anime paying attention only to gory parts.

Im also always fighting with my brother over what is better, Higurashi or one thousand episodes full of Kame-Hame-Haaaa!!!!!! if you know what I'm talking about he