Thread: Umi no Misaki
View Single Post
Old 2010-09-14, 14:16   Link #907
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
But if you read Ai Yori, then you should also know this, that the story of this author can turn very dramatic and quite dark. So, UNM too has quite the potential for drama
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irie View Post
Seems we still have a way's to go with this story. I totally agree that Ai Yori had that similar under current of a more serious story but seemed to turn uncharacteristically dark at the end. Almost like the publisher or sales numbers prompted the story to enter it's ending phase. Just my impression and quite possible it was all planned from the beginning..
Also agreed.... Although somehow the darker toned ending of Ai Yori seemed to be more deliberate - at least to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irie View Post
I do expect the Tokyo arc to bring our first major conflict. I just hope it doesn't turn into some sort of cult story and more of Nagi buffering the two societies. Nagi introducing an alternative which keeps the old traditions and welcomes some social progression. Unfortunately, when-ever that happens in real life it leads to the end of a culture.
Very true ... in general even if you have a person or group of people who can somehow "strike the right balance" in this regard the general inclination of many has been the loss of cultural traditions, values, etc. - and sometimes even the older languages (an example being "living Scottish Gaelic" still spoken only by the older generations on the Scottish islands).