Thread: Licensed UN-GO (noitaminA, BONES)
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-23, 16:47   Link #544
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

UN-GO. Last Thoughts

Recently concluded this show's last episode.

I admit they did a fine job pacing the development, the climax, and the conclusion. Shinjuurou unraveling the greater scheme of the conspiracy up to explaining the device behind the culprit's impersonation was well-rounded.

What I do not understand were Hayamis' motivations for helping Full Circle, hence, it would require from me to watch the last episode a second time around to pick-up on the details.
Spoiler:

I'm using pop-culture references between Kaishou and Shinjuurou, because although those two will never be able to see eye for an eye to each other both can be driven to pursue same commonalities.

Kaishou, basically, focuses that people can find an inherent good within themselves but this can only happen eventually confronting their truths and gaining experience from the regrets or mistakes they did once facing their personal truth.

On the other hand, Shinjuurou is quite the anti-thesis to Kaishou. Shinjuurou doesn't suggest he's fatalistic with human nature but rather realistic. He exposes people truths, because by nature humans are unwilling and reluctant to face the truths hidden in their personal shames, regrets, vulgarities, and every nastiness that they commit or were commited on them during the span of their lives.

Overall, when I picked-up this show three months ago I didn't expect what would I be getting from it, but it was nice mystery-thriller ride.

This is the first title I've concluded for this fall season, and, overall, likely the first anime which I would be closing with the entire year.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote