View Single Post
Old 2012-06-11, 09:11   Link #132
crayven

So uhh what is this show's theme again? I think figuring out the theme would go a long way in determining if the show is written (very) badly or not. At first I thought it was "Fate doesn't matter, go for the one you love". Then we learn that Apollo is actually a reincarnation of Pollon, also Amata - Kagura are both fated to Mikono. I don't know anymore.

Now we have this very bad couple Alicia-Izumo, especially Alicia, who leaves their son all alone without explaining anything. This could have been used together with Mykage's unability to let go of his homo boyfriend 24000 years ago to show that love is not everything. However the way Amata forgives his mom so easily and unexpectedly and Alicia urging him to "protect" the person he loves the most means the opposite. So giving up everything for your one and true love is now EVOL's theme? I'm afraid there's nothing EVOLutionary about this.

Furthermore, if the show intends to make Amata-Mikono-Kagura the main triangle (which it is) why don't they spend more time on Kagura seriously? Dude is literally a plot device who is not good enough to be a serious love rival or strong enough to be a foe like Izumo. Look at how pissed Zessikage is at Izumo this ep, now see how carefree he is around his tool, Kagura. And you know it's probably going to be Kagura who kills Mykage in the final episode after Mikono "connects" him and Amata.

The most baffling aspect of the show is for me Zessica. All those time spent on Zessica *every episode* (the same can't be said about Kagura or even Mikono) could have been used to show Kagura's feelings and daily life.. or to let Amata and Mikono have some cute moments in the second half of the show instead of breaking up every conversation they have whenever Kagura is brought up. Why did ZEN pair her up with Amata and Mikono in episode 5 and many times after that if the end result is her falling in despair and be taken by Mykage? And they didn't even show her struggle against him this ep.

And we still don't know what Mykage is after.