View Single Post
Old 2012-07-28, 22:34   Link #90
Somnus
Eh?

Fantastic episode.

That's all that needs to be said.

I'm a LN reader that went into this blind, not having read this particular side-story. Didn't matter though, unlike the last two episodes which I felt had conversion issues (LN knowledge with one ep, blind in the other); that complaint was nowhere to be found here.

Everything was brilliantly delivered, paced correctly, and I immensely enjoyed every second. Especially the reveal of Kirito's purpose at the end, not unbelievable in the least, but I had no idea what it could have been until he said it. Even better, I didn't even care about knowing as I immediately got fixated on the adventure he and Scilica were partaking in.

On that note, I really, really love the skills effects/sounds in the anime. And Kirito with that end scene against all of them. I love that. How they portrayed just how OP'd he was, his explanation of it all and the truth of MMO mechanics (which I myself am able to relate and agree to), to the beautiful threat on that pretty little red head. Loved. Every. Second.

So all in all SAO brings the bar back up, and I can't wait to see what else is in store.