View Single Post
Old 2008-05-28, 08:26   Link #30
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeiku View Post
In which case I don't really see what's the problem anymore. I know series like Angelic Layer also had edited title cards, but I never actually cared enough for them. Although the absence of the blue logo disappointed me at first, I've grown to like the new gold one more.

What I am worried about is how FUNi would handle future openings on DVD releases, such as with "BON VOYAGE!" or "Crazy Rainbow," since on the TV edit they replaced it with stock footage. Even then, it wouldn't be anything I would get riled up over.
Well, it's certainly nothing worth flaming the release over, (Notice how even though I'm unhappy with the edited title-cards and logo, I still consider this an excellent release) but it's still an unnecessary edit (A minor one, but it's still an edit) in a release that's supposed to be unedited.

And yes, I hope that FUNi will fix their lazy editing in Bon Voyage too. And Crazy Rainbow... That one HAS to be edited, seeing how they spend like 20 seconds just showing the letters being scattered all over the place, and if they actually removed that or replaced it with something else, it would just be plain ridicculous.