View Single Post
Old 2010-12-13, 17:34   Link #114
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
People associate Malice with hatred, it's nearly impossible to have one without the other.
The semantics here aren't important. My point is that Kirino wanted to make Kyousuke suffer because she was jealous of the attention he was giving to his friend Manami.

Quote:
you're being too black and white about things. Yes, there's no back story about how or why it happened, the LN's didn't cover it yet either. You should know better that in these types of situations the flashback is a key element where it won't get "discovered" until the end, like Kanon for instance, we don't know what happened with the main guy and girl until towards the end of the series.
So you're argument is this: the development has yet to arrive in the series because they are clearly saving it for the final moments. OK. I will make sure to bring this up again at the end of this series.

But at this point of the story, no such answers are given. We are at the tail end already. We should already be receiving this information. Also, the LN is no justification for anything in the anime. The anime is supposed to be able to stand up on its own.

(BTW the end of Kanon was very, very badly written into the story).

Quote:
You shouldn't be in denial. Kirino is displaying classic tsundere behavior when it comes to this.
Her behavior is anything but classic "tsundere." It's more psychopathic than anything.

Quote:
I do agree that it was a bit disjointed, especially if you don't read the Light Novels. The middle was cut out due to time constraints. But I can tell you that it didn't come out of no where.
Without a transition, it is out of nowhere. To me it was the equivalent of watching two best friends in the world have fun, then one suddenly pulls out a knife and stabs the other. It's like, wait, wut?

Quote:
I think your distaste for incest is blinding you towards the series.
First of all, I am watching a series Yosuga no Sora at the moment, where there's actually incest in it and I have not complained about that show at all really.

My distaste of this series has nothing to do with me supposedly raging against incest. So I ask you, how so?

Quote:
Kirino isn't an attention freak in a general sense, she only wants Kyousuke's attention.
She also wants the attention of her friends. An example of this is Kirino constantly badgering Kuroneko about the anime Meruru.

Last edited by Reckoner; 2010-12-13 at 18:08.