Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-16, 07:07   Link #3021
morli

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedec0 View Post
The point of the picture is that Shizu is the closest thing Achiga-hen has to a main character, and main characters tend to always be (or become) overpowered monsters (Saki herself is an example of this).

Other reasons to believe that Shizuno will turn out to be a monster:

1) It seems obvious that Achiga is headed to the finals, which means the stronger Shizuno is, the more interesting it makes the final. So why the hell wouldn't they make her a monster? (Also, if she isn't a saki-level, then all those people complaining about Achiga not derserving to go to final will be right (I will be one of them. I only support Achiga on the assumption that Shizuno is a monster)).

2) To keep things interesting in the finals, Saki must face at least one opponent stronger than Kuromo. I don't consider Himeko, Awai, or Ryuuka to be stronger than Kuromo, so it can't be them. The only one with the potential (on side A) to become a monster that surpasses Kuromo is Shizuno.

;--------------------------------

On personal level, I find Saki to be arrogant and overpowered a lot of the time. I want someone to, if not defeat her, then at least put her through hell in the finals. Awai is not capable of doing this (look how much she is struggling in the semi-finals). Someone who can wipe the floor with Awai, however, might just be the right power level for some serious Saki crushing, which is what I am hoping for from Shizuno.
Yeah. I'm totally agree for a strong Shizu or at least she has a decent supernatural ability, although so far Shizu performance can only be called "normal" at best.

Let's assume Shizu has a supernatural ability, what is her ability?

The Fact:
1) Each character in Saki universe have different ability
2) She get ron'ned twice so far (in quarterfinal and 1st round captain match)
3) She never get baiman or more
4) Her win come from ron, not tsumo
5) She win on all last round
6) Awai doesn't win though she activate her ability

Now what do we speculate about her ability so far:
1) She has "imagine breaker", negating other supernatural ability
2) She has a good tenpai sense, never lost point much
3) She activate her ability if she get certain dice number
4) She get used to other playing style, then defeat them on the last round

I will bet at least one of the point above is Shizu supernatural ability

Personally, it will be great if her ability based around yaku. But all the unique yaku already claimed and so far character in Saki doesn't share same ability. (With Saki rinshan kaiho, Koromo haitei, Toki ippatsu and Awai double riichi). The remain yaku that most fit with Shizu's mountain image so far is chiihou (blessing of the earth) in my opinion

Last edited by morli; 2013-02-16 at 07:25.
morli is offline   Reply With Quote