View Single Post
Old 2008-08-11, 06:06   Link #88
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku View Post
He didn't co-participate - he was the 'researcher', but one who didn't manage to realize Kira's attack pattern.

By the way, I only pointed out the fact that he didn't figure out the combat tactics against Freedom; I am not suggesting that he has no tactics.
I was talking about tactics overally, the ability of Shinn to "think" on the battlefield and outside of it, even if it is researching and sometimes just listening to new ways of defeating opponents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS
Lets not forget Shinn was a trained soldier. Kira is not. And Kira was able to match the best pilots of Zaft using just his knowledge in programming and skill in piloting. And at desert, Kira is better. He adjusted his beam weapons right at the spot. Changed his MS settings at the spot while Shinn just sortied and killled gruntz. Kira faced Watfeld.
The difference between Shinn and Kira is that Kira did not receive proper training beforehand. Still, it doesn't change the fact that Strike Kira pushing the buttons or piercing daggers in a desperate final attack is much less of a memorable sight than Impulse Shinn pulling out a tunnel rush or hiding underwater or wiping out the entire EA fleet. So what they were grunts. It was powerful, it was expressive, it was cool.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote