View Single Post
Old 2008-08-11, 06:25   Link #89
MooMooFarm

T_T why is there such detailed discussion about CE battles still? Like, After 00 came out, as far as fight choreography goes, there's no going back. Any series nowadays owns CE's recycling bin. CE's main points that live on today are how their songs/BGM create some girly yet still appealing to most guys atmosphere while ghetto fights happen, that and the beautification of almost all the main characters and over-dramatization that CE's generation of anime was so famous for.

I mean, I really do want to talk about how baller Amuro Ray was or Char Aznable during Xth battle in the Yth minute of the episode, but like, even I pretty much accept without even watching it again that nostalgia ERASED ALL THOSE RECYCLED CRAP and that the fights are probably DIRT poor compared to what I hold to standard now.

I didn't truly believe in this, but then one day I youtubed Naruto, and rewatched Rock Lee vs Gaara. I couldn't believe I forgotten that it took 1-3 episodes of stupid backstory filler, and the fight scenes could no longer make me go WOAAAH HOLY CRAP back then. About the only thing left was how amazingly fitting the music was, which ironically is the most timeless part of any show as long as it reaches a certain standard. That and voice acting.

About the only crap that has to do with anime/games/etc that otakus love that still retained a super amazing fight choreograph and is still considered above the cut would be FF AC. That thing was dope. At the time, I couldn't even follow some of the movements due to the dark background. For people who don't even know FF, that movie must've been confusing as hell when Vincent showed up. WTF HAPPENED, SOMETHING RED FLEW BY, EH O.o yet it was really good =] and still is.

I recently watched this series called Seirei no Moribito, and that pretty much confirmed to me that REGARDLESS of how UNDETAILED or UNEMPHASIZING fighting is to a series (that series had less fights than half a season of 00 gundam vs gundam fights LOL), if the production budget is there, they WILL make it better than what we had back then. Nothing in fighting and battle is sacred. And if you can't hold onto the fighting images themselves, what else is there? OH KIRAS POWER LEVEL IS STILL HIGHER EVEN THOUGH I DONT GIVE A RATS ANUS ABOUT HOW THE SCENES ARE ANYMORE. That's like stating how Goku is still the best in DBZ when NO ONE CARES HOW HE CAN KAMEHAMEHA FOR THE 9000TH TIME.

But if you disagree, then ummm yeah. Feel free. I'm pretty OCD apparently, so I tend to move along. CE is still an amazing series, one of my favourites, but I'll be damned if I ever have to waste 5 minutes watching Impulse fly through the sky again and transform.

Oh and please don't bring strategy and tactics into this, cause Prince of Tennis has more strategy and tactics than CE. That's sad.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote