View Single Post
Old 2011-10-19, 17:01   Link #86
Darthtabby

You know there was something interesting that occured to me relating to this project.

Kawamori has done series with idol singer characters before, but the portrayal of said idol singer characters has not always been entirely positive. Look at Minmay late in SDF:M, Myung in Plus, and to some extent even Sheryl and Ranka at certain points in Frontier. (Yes I know some of these characters are also portrayed very positively at other points in their respective series.) Looking at it like that, isn't Kawamori in some respects an odd choice for doing a series that is essentially promotional material for an idol group?

Then again given that this series is being made to promote an idol group I doubt the creators are going to be able to do very much in the way of deconstructions or anything like that. Which is a bit of a shame since a show like that might be a really good follow up to the recent success of Idolmaster. :lol: At any rate with Kawamori and Mari Okada involved hopefully it will at least be more than another cute girls doing cute things anime.

Food for thought anyway.