View Single Post
Old 2012-03-24, 16:18   Link #1797
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
I never said the episode was "wrong" (which, by itself, doesn't really mean anything) - just that it wasn't my cup of tea. Sorry, but you can't expect me to like shounen stuff like that. "faithful" or not... it's not like there's much to elaborate on.
It doesn't sound like you gave a fair assessment by calling it a "waste of time" without even getting into some detail. You just quickly dismiss the anime simply because it's shounen which honestly has no bearing. HS DxD is shounen from the very beginning and I find it hard to believe you didn't see that immediately. I'm not asking you to like the show or change your opinion, but please don't merely condemn it just because it's not to your taste. It makes me wonder why you even watched the entire season if you detest the shounen genre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Of course, I don't know. How would I know?
But I personally don't think DxD will ever get that many seasons. Just a gut feeling. Many much more deserving anime never saw the light of a sequel, so it wouldn't even be the first time it happens... Of course, only time will tell (and will prove me wrong).
Please don't give assumptions based on your gut feeling because it doesn't make sense. We both know that anime nowadays especially those based from manga or light novels get sequels if it has gained enough popularity and achieved a sufficient sales quota in order to fund it. Let statistics be the judge. And from what I can tell from the anime's popularity is pretty good and the initial BD sales of volume 1 is doing well. If that keeps up that it will determine if the anime deserves more seasons or even higher budget animation in the future.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote