View Single Post
Old 2006-02-16, 18:07   Link #358
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

To me, she came across as being 'weak-minded' when it really counted but I didn't have a better word to outright describe what I thought she was doing/thinking. To me, it takes a strong mind to reign in instinct in situations like that. Obeying Smith was conditioned so strongly that it was almost instinct, hence the half-hearted swipe. She didn't really hurt Arika but she still swung.

In a crucial point, just before she summoned the Slave, she really didn't have to, family beliefs or no. She knew that Arika was Mashiro's Otome at that point and she knew full well that summoning a Slave would bind her to it. It sucks that she was 'taught'/conditioned to this.

On a more broad perspective, using a religion or a belief to justify doing something like that is just wrong. I guess I'm more upset with John Smith and I wish that Sergay had put a bullet in that fool's big forehead when he had the chance... -_-; The belief that Garderobe's technology should be shared is not wrong. The belief that it will take force such as using a Slave (which mirrors the Otome system) to achieve this IS wrong. There were no 'talks' about slowly introducing nanomachines to the masses going on or anything like that. Schwartz is twisting this belief for their own ends and it kinda pisses me off that Erstin suffered for it.