View Single Post
Old 2010-12-22, 06:47   Link #63
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post

so DEEN is doing the work and had not had a well perceived output as of late? why should we assume this particular work is going to fail? if we go by their past records, BL works done by DEEN have been fairly successful in the past: Junjou Romantica and Hetalia may come to mind. But that's besides the point: even if another studio was doing the animation production, why should we already assume it's a failure?
Well, in fairness to Reckoner, I often see anime fans write things like "This is by SHAFT, so of course I'm going to watch it" (and that's actually all they say about an upcoming show!) or "It's by Kyoto Animation, so you just know it's going to be awesome!".

Shouldn't this sort of reasoning work both ways? In other words, if an anime is destined for greatness by sheer virtue of the animation studio handling it, then can't a different anime also be said to be doomed for failure by sheer virtue of the animation studio handling it?

Either animation studios really do mean that much, or they don't. You can't have it both ways, in my opinion.

Personally, I think fans sometimes put too much stock in which animation studio handles which works - every animation studio (that I know of) has at least some misses to their name (yes, even Kyoto Animation, at least commercially - Munto anyone?), and most have at least a very good anime or two to their name.