View Single Post
Old 2011-05-15, 12:22   Link #14
james0246

Am I the only one that thought the LARPers were kind of endearing in their very straightforward approach to peeping? .

This was another very charming episode, with some damn good acting from Mamiko Noto. In fact, probably the best (non-comedy) parts of the episode occurred in the 10 foot radius of Tomoe's Kitchen/Living Room as she talked to her mother on the phone (I can't help but love those brief conversations, if only because they sound exactly like conversations I've had with my Mother . This is yet more great dialogue from Mari Okada).

That being said, I disliked many of the directorial decisions throughout the episode (like Nako speeding away with funny sound effect accompaniment; or the closing iris wipe (which should only ever be used by Looney Toons), etc), and felt the episode went a little too far into the realm of craziness (case and point, Jiromaru’s starring role in the Battle of Kissuisō). But, the emotional core was still solid, and I gained a real appreciation for Tomoe. 7/10

Side note, I loved Tomoe's room (very well designed); and I loved her yellow jacket with white stripe...simple, yet cool...