View Single Post
Old 2007-01-16, 05:02   Link #797
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
If Kira survived Aegis blowing up in his face with as much as a few bruises, i am sure Suzaku can survive something similar as well... if nothing else, his thick skull will protect him.
This reminds me of what was mentioned by the Mythbusters in one of their books...

The hosts themselves had many experiences with explosive devices used in the entertainment industry like in movies, but only when they started doing their show do they really do dangerous things. And guess what?

Film explosions look good, but real life explosions that are actually lethal can often be not spectacular at all. That's why they often needed a dummy/jelly block in their experiments to show how dangerous the ordinance was.

Thus, an explosion that look spectacular can quite possibly be not as dangerous as it looks. Special materials are used in films to make bright flashes, thick smoke and loud noises, but we see them on TV so often that we associate these things with a dangerous explosion when we shouldn't.

Serious, how dangerous could a self-destructed Aegis be? It had ran out of power at that point, and all evidence points to the destruction being designed to prevent capture rather than as something designed to kill others.

And by the way, it was a big deal to have a nuclear reactor blown up back in the days of UC Gundam, but that's only because they use mysterious futuristic fusion reactors.

(Back on topic)
I think there might be a sinister reason for why Lancelot doesn't have a ejection seat... It would be dangerous if the prototype fall into enemy hands. And since Sunrise (wisely) didn't install meaningless self-destruction buttons into Knightmares, the lack of ejection seats ensures the pilot could not panic and run away leaving the mech behind.