View Single Post
Old 2011-02-05, 17:20   Link #87
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Maybe, maybe not. We still haven't figured out what makes a girl keep fighting. If all that happens is that she loses her wish, then it's not slavery. She still has the choice.

Look, I'm not sure you understand. Slaves have no rights and no choices by law. Dictionary.com lists it as: "a person who is the property of and wholly subject to another; a bond servant." The girls aren't wholly the property of Kyube. At best, they are an employee. Slaves are property, which the girls aren't. Is Kyoko a slave? Looks to me like she made her own choice and rather enjoys it. Slaves typically do not.
And magical girls sacrfice every desire for but one hope.

Quote:

Just like Kyoko chose to fight, eh? Just like Sayaka chose to fight, eh? You keep trying to draw this distinction, but whichever way you slice it, it's not working, sorry.
Kyoko and Sayaka have no choices about fighting. A MG is forced to fight agaisnt witches, that's established.

Senshi are senshi not because of luna or any kind of contract- they are senshi by birth (or even prior to birth).

Quote:
Then you haven't watched the series lately. Luna was very much a nagging mother, and Usagi complained about it a lot.

I'm sorry, but the anime adaption did happen. Regardless of whether the author liked it or not, the story exists. Pretending it doesn't, well, I suppose we have nothing more to talk about if you are going into denial about whether the anime even exists or not.
Sure, the same way there is a movie trilogy about Lord Of The Ring. It doesn't mean that it's the *real* Lotr.

The anime Sailor moon wimpified everything in it. If you want to talk about the anime, sure do so, but it's an adaptation.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote