View Single Post
Old 2012-01-28, 05:22   Link #27354
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Regardless, this discussion has brought up an interesting point about the pieces. I personally think that the game boards are 'real' worlds that are being used by the beings of the higher level world for the purpose of the game; this fits better with Higurashi which I believe takes place in the same universe (Higurashi's worlds continued to exist even after they no longer served a purpose for the 'players', Rika/Frederica). Believing otherwise makes the whole plot in EP3 about Beatrice forgetting how precious life is due to her absolute power over it completely irrelevant and pointless, which I don't like.
This isn't at all true, in my opinion. For starters, that entire subplot was her deception. She was trying to gain Battler's trust. Second of all, Beatrice is Yasu, who isn't that terrible a person ANYway.

That, combined with Beatrice's ability as the Gamemaster to control basically everything that happens, and the existence of the One Truth, pretty much confirms that the Gameboards aren't as 'real' as, say, OUR world, or a hypothetical "Rokkenjima Prime", but I do believe that the characters can think, feel, experience, etc.

Quote:
Also, this makes Battler's approach to the game in EP6 more reasonable; if it was just a game and the pieces had no consciousness, there would be no disadvantage for him to actually kill them, but he set up a scenario where they were just playing dead. I think this was him trying to play the game in a better way then Beato.
The whole point of EP6 was for Battler to demonstrate that he understood Beato's game, her rules, her heart, and her truth. If the victims of the First Twilight were faking, the implication is that the First Twilight is always fake (or atleast intended to be, before someone fucks it up with real murder). Heck, the murders being faked is one of the only ways to solve EP5's First Twilight.