Thread: Licensed Mashiro-iro Symphony
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-02, 11:53   Link #1283
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
It's not the ambiguity that was the problem. The problem stemmed from Miu being a "tangent". It just seems out of nowhere for the Miu thing to come about. The series was leading towards this one direction, but then it suddenly made a sharp right turn into another direction.
We had this conversation before in this thread, and while I understand why you saw it that way, I don't really agree with that point of view. If you're interested, I summarized a lot of the discussion we had previously here. The main point is that the show tells the story of Airi getting closer to Shingo, being essentially rejected by him, and then watching her best friend fall for him as well. Shingo was actually attracted to Miu from the get-go (and vice-versa), but there were other issues that had to be addressed first. Airi was actually the tangent from that point of view (the point of view of Shingo's romantic interest, not the story emphasis).

Anyway, as tempting as it is to rekindle the old debates, I suppose you can just read back through the thread or consult the link for a summary of at least my point of view.