View Single Post
Old 2007-06-04, 11:37   Link #57
Boukenxha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telliamed View Post
Anyone get the sense that, as far as the abilities of a yaka are concerned, the writers are making it up as they go along. It doesn't seem to me that there are any rules to what Matsuri can or can't do. Nor does her ability to fight reflect her physical condition.
Yeah I sense that too. The show seems to focus exclusively on the character relationships and their dynamics, while the Yaka physiology is offered but never quite elaborated on the details. This also led me to the same suspicion that they were not fully thought out and perhaps made up as the story progress of some convenience.

Spoiler for ep 9 example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Good camera direction this episode and such, but overall I can't help but feel that a lot of it didn't need to happen. Why didn't Mayuko say a long time ago that she just wants to be with Takeshi like he used to be.
The cliche reply to that would be that Mayuko has insecurities and is afraid of changes, that Takeshi might leave her if there isn't a reason for him to fight for. But yeah you have a point there.