View Single Post
Old 2006-08-21, 07:47   Link #15
pkgirl163

Send a message via AIM to pkgirl163 Send a message via MSN to pkgirl163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazakura
How was SP a rip off on MS? If I recall correctly, none of the charcaters looked like someone off of MS and something in the shoujo ai sense actually happened!

Oh, besides the fact that they were both Catholic all girls boarding schools, I didn't see how the plot was remotely similar to that of MS.
Some of the characters in SP bear some similarity to characters in Marimite.
For example, Rokujou Miyuki, the Student Council President of Miator, reminds me quite a bit of Mizuno Youko from Marimite.
Nagisa has been compared to Yumi. Shizuma has been compared to a cross between Sei and Sachiko. In other words, Miator could be seen as SP's version of the Rosa Chinensis family. lol
I see Spica as the Rosa Gigantea family (all that white! Also, Hikari and Shimako) and Le 'Lim as the Rosa Foetida family (because they're all crazy. lol).

There are what appear to be some very deliberate homages to earlier yuri works in SP, particularly Marimite and Oniisama e. To name a few: the missing blue umbrella, the angsty story of lost love at a summer house, the statue of the Virgin Mary (though that may be a Catholic school thing), THE MUSIC, doing Romeo and Juliet as a school play (though really, that comes up in plenty of het stories too. lol), the midnight tea parties, and the greenhouse.