View Single Post
Old 2013-04-16, 23:08   Link #108
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyexpress48 View Post
Well, I was also somewhat looking from a business perspective (movies usually don't make as much for AS as TV shows.)

Well, that's because so many people grew up with superheroes that they been kinda getting in the mainstream nowdays.

Also, keep in mind that while superheroes can be considered mainstream now thanks to Hollywood, that wasn't always the case. Comic book fans were basically shunned by the mainstream for a looooong time.

I guess you can make a bunch of magical girl anime mainstream by making Hollywood adaptions of them, but I don't think anime fans want that at all...

So let me get this straight.

People are already turned off by anime because of, uhh...fanservice, and your solution is to make the fanservice more exterme. Well...I'll watch that, but I doubt most of the public would.

You really think the HBO crowd would like anime? Really? Cuz I don't..

The problem is this kind of fanservice is the complete cocktease kind of fanservice. Not the softcore "pink masting" blood and gore kind of fanservice people want when it comes to late night shows.

HBO's audience is mostly the kind who likes mature and adult shows, from simple dramas to titilating comedies unafraid of censors. So yeah, anime can fit that niche just fine as long it meets the HBO's standards for adult content.