View Single Post
Old 2013-03-04, 08:14   Link #123
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Well, if I had to pick one, I'd be pretty down to live in the Pokemon world. Travel around, tame and battle with cool monsters, save the world (which is similar enough to our world), etc...

Most other anime worlds are either no better than the real world, too dangerous, or both.

I remember when I was a kid I had big time escapist fantasies for video game/cartoon/anime worlds, thinking the real world was too 'boring...' If you think that, you really haven't looked into how truly amazing the real world is. Our world is more mysterious, beautiful, complex, and mind-blowing than any fictional one could ever hope to be. All the different human cultures, human history, the different environments on Earth, animals, the evolution of life, the nature of space/the universe... There's just no competing with it.
Pokemon is a pretty good choice in my eyes. There has been a lot of talk about how many bad things might happen to you if anime were real, but nobody really talks about how the opposite is just as likely.

Also the way I understood it this isn't about competing and it never was. The world would still continue to exist but now had an additional part.

hyl: Even if this is only the tip of the iceberg (which is arguable) there are several hundred entries that are perfectly fine.

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2013-03-04 at 08:40.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote