View Single Post
Old 2004-03-16, 00:52   Link #25
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
culture all over the world is sacrificing the human condition for efficiency and productivity, it's not just Japan and America
Television, radio, theatre, video games, they're all an escape. Early on, those with a burning interest in one thing tend to have a dark side, a part of them is broken, and rather than redevelop the broken parts, they go and hide in the "sunny side" of their life. Never has this been more apparent than in my school's own anime club. It's chock full of VERY intelligent people with severe personality defects (almost everyone was diagnosed with ADD, ADHD, or OCD) and some antisocial behavior. I'm not ashamed to admit that i have some psychological issues as well.
Wow. Shocking to many, but true.
Many things provide shelter. Examples include online role-playing, chat rooms, online games, and online forums [or maybe just the Internet in general]. A good number of people on this forum may have that problem...
I wish my anime club had more intellectual people. Most of the group is made up of idiots who have nothing better to do Friday afternoon. A greater percentage are stuck in a fantasy world described by kyuven, instead of facing their problems, they hide away...
You'd be surprised what you can do by reaching out a little.
Slade xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote