View Single Post
Old 2009-11-04, 07:31   Link #4351
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

I'm sure that was just the cross on top of the coffin, not a sword going through it. Still it's a pretty grim image, especially with the rest of the Royal Garden torn to hell, but was it caused during Hayate's fight with Athena or after he left? Could Athena have done it in a rage or out of sadness before she left to find Hayate. If that's the case then she is just a little bit crazy, though it would be hard not to be with all the stuff she has to deal with.

Damn, what is it with Hata and mercilessly destroying some of his characters? First Hayate has THE worst childhood ever (certainly the worst in a comedy series, but the runners up were Ranma 1/2, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Code Geass) and constantly has had bad luck since. Then we have Hinagiku who has a similar past to Hayate's but her parents weren't complete dicks and actually cared for them before they left. Since then she's had all kinds of things to make her feel bad and the Greece Arc has practically been torture for her. Now Athena seems to be getting the same treatment and is having all kinds of horrible stuff stacked on.

It is one of the reasons I like the Hayate x Hina pairing though. For some reason, whenever Hayate is having one of his bad luck streaks if he runs into Hinagiku everything just gets better. I know Nagi and Athena saved him and all but he still had bad luck, Hinagiku seems to just make it better since everything just gets nicely wrapped up. Hayate is also the only known cure for her fear of height, which is good as she's prone to wind up in high places a lot. I just get the feeling that one way or another Hinagiku is going to have some part to play in the next few chapters since Hayate will be feeling pretty bad.

By the way, am I the only one who noticed how much Isumi was blushing when Hayate caught her? I'd say it's safe to say that she still likes him, Sakuya may or may not (she certainly likes him but maybe not romantically).

I guess now we just have to wait and see if they successfully make it back to the mansion or if something else comes up first.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote