View Single Post
Old 2010-06-17, 10:02   Link #2056
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserworm View Post
Erika's corpse wouldn't be nessary to solve it, as I said before it was possible Shannon could have used anything. Erika's corpse just makes it more solid. It is not nessary for us to know about Erika's corpse to be able to reason that Shannon faked her death. And imo solvable means we can figure out the true answer, it doesn't mean that we can get everything 100% right, it just means we can get the core answer
Conversely, to me it does.
My interpretation is that you don't need anything from Episode 5 onward to solve everything from Episodes 1-4, it only helps. Extra hints, if you will. Ryuukishi said that if you completely understood Episodes 1-4 when Episode 5 came out, you would be able to predict the procession of murders or faked murders after Hideyoshi. And I think he said something similar about Episode 6.
Now I undestand this doesn't absolutely indicate that predicting death order means completely understanding the Episode, but to me it at least gives some heavy support for the concept. I understand Umineko like this: once you grasp completely the logic of Episode 1-4, you can proceed through Episodes 5 and 6, and following Episodes, completely understanding everything. What's happening during fantasy scenes, what certain impossibilites represent, and how the murder or fake murder happen.
Then again, that is my interpretation.