View Single Post
Old 2012-11-06, 16:31   Link #2219
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The food companies already have to label their food this way in most of the rest of the world. If CA Prop 37 passes, they're likely to just change the labels nationally.

Seriously, the opposition to putting basic information on food so the *free market* can work is just whining.

Heck, I'd like to see cattle tracked from farm to table individually as well (cue more whining, sorry my family runs cattle and they think its insane not to track cattle)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Opponents mainly being large corporations not wanting to pay the money. I voted Yes on it because well before those large corps started pushing ads it had something like a 70% support among voters, then they poured in 6 times as much money as the people supporting the measure and all of sudden now it's less than 50% support.

So damn stupid how easily controlled by media we are as a nation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I try to figure, "why bother". On a real level, nearly all our food has been genetical engineered, just over time via selective breeding. (Chicken with larger breasts...plants with either higher yield, or specific colors...those have been done for generations since the they started breeding roses, or domesticated animals for specific traits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Supporters said No
Opponent said Additional $400 annually on the grocery bill of a family of 4.
Thanks for the answers.

The last nagging issue bout this is that they exempted meat and diary from the labels, but I suppose some labels are better than no labels.