View Single Post
Old 2008-07-19, 17:44   Link #114
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Does anyone here speak English that could translate the lyrics of Ana? I didn't understand any of it...

But seriously, I was looking forward to this OVA, because for me, just about every episode of Clannad has been very sweet while maintaining a very high level of interest from me throughout each episode. I was also looking forward to seeing what we missed in Tomoyo's Arc from previous episodes. When I first saw Clannad she struck me as the prettiest of the bunch, it was sort of a shame we'd have to skip out on some of her story.

But 20+ minutes of relationship trouble is the last thing I need. I found the plot predictable and boring. All the character's actions seemed to go for as much melodrama as possible, it's the sort of stuff I'd expect from a primetime TV drama. I loved the whole story about Tomoyo from the first season about her relationship with her family and how her brother's actions showed her how important family is. So I thought it was a little bit from left field when Clannad stopped going on about the theme of family and more into relationship issues this episode.

Tomoya bothered me a bit too, if other peoples comments on their relationship started to get to him, I was hoping he'd let Tomoyo know with actual words to be more prudent about things like using the PA system for personal uses and to start to get up early himself. I mean, why are you waiting until after you break up to start waking up early you bozo?! I wish they could have solidified Tomoyo's feelings in the episode a little more too, by showing why she likes Tomoya so much, maybe a montage in the beginning about how they started to date romantically would have helped.

All in all I thought it was Average, so I gave it a 6, it was mildly entertaining and amusing at times, I never really bought into the drama, which is the first time that's happened for me in a kyoani adaptation.

Last edited by Ceral; 2008-07-19 at 17:57.