View Single Post
Old 2012-05-07, 17:49   Link #856
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
You also have to take into account the recharge of the capacitor/storage device itself. That's mostly what I meant when I was talking about the time between the Sigmasis' shots. Even miniaturized, I just can't see a capacitor supporting more than one shot of that caliber without a recharge period. Given how Kio kept begging the recharge to speed up compared to him just aiming and firing the regular Sigmasis that second time to destroy the Defurse, it doesn't seem like the Sigmasis needs to worry about a pause between shots.

For our intents and purposes, we haven't seen a limit to the Sigmasis' number of shots or even a charging requirement like the attachment had. I think if there were they would have shown us already. The show was pretty quick to establish a limit to the AGE-1's DODS Rifle; I think if the Sigmasis had that kind of limitation it would have been hinted at or shown already. That kind of firepower kind of warrants a limitation like that to be established almost immediately if it actually existed.
If there is a strong link between the weapon and the suit, the energy might also have come from the suit rather than just the weapon. In 00 (yeah I know, I keep referring to it a lot), most of the energy of the weapons also came from the suit, which wasn't just the main powerplant but also capacitors as well. Considering that that the suit is physically larger, there is potential that the powerplants and capacitors on the suits (or at least their total sum) are allowed to be larger and well and their larger size might translate to larger output/storage capacity. Linkage can be an important part to, so the beam output of the Sigmasis might possibly as a result of both a capacitor on the weapon as well as all the poweplants/capacitors on the suit being ready to provide a quick stream to continuously keep the energy ready for use by the weapon.

Of course, following 00 model for most suits (Which have a powerplant generation level not keeping up with usage), the capacitors do run out after awhile and must recharge from the powerplant, so if AGE-3 presumbly follows the same model of a 00 normal GN suit, the Sigmaxiss (and the capacitors in other places) is going to run low after a certain number of shots before it needs to wait to recharge again. The probability of this be guessed/measured by observing how extensive the Sigmaxiss is used in a certain period.