View Single Post
Old 2008-07-28, 03:34   Link #1150
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Answering this question on what I find meaningful just seems to be another attempt to escape this cruelty which is life. I plan to face it head on with what I know. Alleviating it with such delusions is just escapism. Running away from the truth that you are afraid that life may not have meaning at all, or that it may be something you do not like. I certainly hope I do not degrade my current resolutions in life based on such desperations.
I am not sure what you are talking about. No one has mentioned anywhere an opinion on death, and how one interacts with their eventual demise. That being said, Finding solace in the arms of a lover, or playing with you children (or friends), is not escapism or in any way a means of deluding oneself to our encroaching deaths. Rather, it is living with the knowledge that one day you will be dead, so why not just have fun with the time you have left. Will you be remebered across the universe upon you death, probably not, but who really cares. As long as you live your life the way you wish to live it (with certain societal restraints, of course), why should your eventual demise matter at all. We all know we are going to die, so why not just have fun until that happens .

Then again, if it is that upsetting, you should just end it now. If there is absolutely no reason to live, then stop living. Hell, even evolution can lead to a specific cases where death is the only option (ex: the mule), so if a person wishes for the end, then by all means let them accept their end.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote