View Single Post
Old 2009-02-15, 04:03   Link #11
oompa loompa

thanks for all the help you guys. I'm sorry if it seemed like I was asking for help directly about my depression. My condition doesnt really have a reason, the best that my doctor can guess is that its being caused by a chemical imbalance. However, I'm well on the way to recovery, and I'm well aware how much worse things are for other people - my life before this episode was great, and still is in a number of ways. It's been both good or bad that it isnt completely psychological - On one hand theres no reason for the depression or anxiety, its just there, so its tough to convince yourself that things will get better. On the other hand, it's become easier to control, since I look at it just like I'd look at a cold or cough, as strange as that may sound. It has most certainly been a difficult experience, but I dont have any doubts about the fact that I will eventually get through this, or learn to control it - I exercise regularly ( it makes a WORLD of difference ), have been on a strict anti-depression diet ( specifically a serotonin enhancing one - thats what ive been recommended ), medications, and have great friends & family for support. That along with the fact that I do feel much better than before, I see absolutely no reason to believe I wont get through this, and get through it in the visible future . I was just asking specifically about whether it affects your likes / dislikes etc in the long run. At any rate thanks for all your suggestions and help

Last edited by oompa loompa; 2009-02-15 at 04:36.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote