View Single Post
Old 2013-09-11, 16:00   Link #76
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
If they truly were childhood friends, then Touma would adress her by her name.
Since he doesn't, the three-way childhood friends route needs to be taken out.
Of course she is related to Touma's past, but we already had hints of it way before NT6 and 7, it seems people realize it only now.
But he lost his memories... I mean wouldn't that be an obvious reason that he doesn't even know who they are anymore so he can't address them as childhood friends

I mean Misaki acts as if he should know her, but he acts as if he doesn't. The reason he acts that way is because he doesn't remember her. She remembers him though especially with the way she acts towards him

In terms of Seria, I am guessing something similar might be going on. This is completely possible. So I do not see any reason at all they couldn't have been childhood friends.

I more subscribe to the idea that they were close before (i.e. they had met each other several times at least and that one of them liked the other one), but I'm still open to the fact that they were actually childhood friends.

First of all, it's possible Touma didn't recognize her. It is possible she didn't want Misaka to know that Touma knew her from before if he wasn't saying anything because he might have done something for her just like he did for Mikoto with the sisters and it would be totally private. In terms of Mikoto she is super naive and open and doesn't hide everything.

However, as we see Misaki doesn't trust anyone and doesn't reveal any of her secrets at all to anyone she doesn't trust. It just seems that she might of thought that Touma was being subtle by pretending not to know her... which is the reason she changed the subject and started to go do other stuff.

This would fit in with her character.

IMO the biggest thing about Misaki is that she implicitly trusts Touma when she trusts no one else. This is a large sign that she knows him and they were either close or that he did something big for her, because she otherwise wouldn't trust anyone.

She can't even mind control Touma and yet she trusts him. This should be worth noting. She doesn't trust Mikoto because she can't mind control her. This should make it clear even just from the railgun manga that there is some connection between the two that Shokuhou knows even if Touma doesn't.